Cambridge Analytica profiling
- Request to:
Cambridge Analytica (data request)
- Law used:
Data Protection Act 1998
- Status of this request:
- Response overdue
- Due date:
Jan. 14, 2017 - 1 year ago
How is this calculated?
- Summary of Request
- Dear Cambridge Analytica,
I wish to attract your attention to this article:
This article leaves some questions unanswered, and in particular some uncertainty as to where else Cambridge Analytica might already be working.
In light of upcoming elections in Europe, and under the purview of EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC and Data Protection Act 1988, I wish to:
- know whether your company or any of its processors hold any of my personal data;
- know how you classify this data into the different categories recognized by law;
- know for what purposes you process this data;
- know the legal basis of such processing (if you rely on consent, please be specific on when I might have given consent and how);
- know the legal bases of potential transfers of such personal data to the United States, for each vendor;
- for each data point, obtain full information as to its source;
- get an explanation on the "logic of the processing" of my personal data;
- obtain a copy of all my personal data.
It is my understanding that you are only allowed to charge for the last of those points, up to a maximum of GBP 10. Please let me know if you will charge a fee for this.
I trust that you will do your best to respond to my request as quickly as possible, or that you will, at the very least, respect the delays mandated by law.
I particularly wish to attract your attention to the "General provisions relating to offences" articles in the Data Protection Act 1988, as they pertain to liabilities by body corporates, but also the personal liability of any officer in such body.