Cambridge Analytica profiling
- Request to:
Cambridge Analytica (data request)
- Law used:
Cambridge Analytica campaign
- Status of this request:
- Response overdue
- Due date:
April 15, 2017 - 1 year, 3 months ago
How is this calculated?
- Summary of Request
- Dear Cambridge Analytica,
Under the purview of EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC and the UK Data Protection Act 1988, I wish to:
1. know whether your company or any of its processors hold any of my personal data;
2. know how you classify this data into the different categories recognized by law (categories for sensitive data, etc);
3. know for what purposes you process this data;
4. know the legal basis of such processing (if you rely on consent, please be specific on when I might have given consent and how);
5. know the legal bases of potential transfers of such personal data to the United States, for each vendor;
6. for each data point, obtain full information as to its source;
7. get an explanation on the "logic of the processing" of my personal data;
8. obtain a copy of all my personal data.
It is my understanding that for some of these you are allowed to charge, up to a maximum of GBP 10. Please let me know if you will charge a fee for this.
I trust that you will do your best to respond to my request as quickly as possible, or that you will, at the very least, respect the deadlines mandated by law. If there is any delay in responding to my request, I would ask you to submit partial responses to be completed as additional information becomes available.
I particularly wish to attract your attention to the "General provisions relating to offences" articles in the Data Protection Act 1988, as they pertain to liabilities by body corporates, but also the personal liability of any officer in such body.